Crafts

No Mess Pumpkins DIY

October 10, 2014
This no mess pumpkin activity is a perfect afternoon craft for those busy little hands.


If you have 10-20 minutes to spare, some color coding labels, scissors, and leftover ribbon

you are good to go!




I bought two cute little pie pumpkins from Walmart-

I think they were around 2.88, each.  I just refuse to spend much

more than that for any pumpkin, when they are just going to be thrown out.









Although, this year I am seriously considering making some pumpkin pies from scratch.

These two little punk-ins might just get double duty this year! 






These Color coding labels were $1-I got home and realized there were 315 dots in each

package, do you think I went a little overboard?






For the pumpkin's mouth, I just cut the dots in half while they were still attached to the wrapping,

the removable adhesive makes them so easy to apply and remove.

I followed these same steps for the eyes, and eye brows.






I would suggest a light spraying of lacquer over these after you have decided on your design,

if you want the dots to stay securely in place, and if you are not going to be using the pumpkins for

baking or cooking.

However, they might just be plain fun to leave as is and let the little ones enjoy moving the dots

around, and really with 315 dots in a package, it could be quite interesting to see how these

turn out by Halloween!


Have a wonderful weekend!

xoxo





Related posts

Comments

  1. So completely adorable, Jemma! You are so creative! I hope you have a great weekend.
    Blessings~
    Kim @ Curtain Queen Creates

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute idea! I have some of those dots...now I need a pumpkin! heehee! Happy weekend! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Jemma. Those are adorable. What a great idea. Will have to try that with my baby granddaughter. She'd love to stick those on! Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think iI could do that - seems simple yet wonderful. I am going to Wal Mart today. Hey do you know who sells those bell jars?

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is great and safe kids craft! I like no mess pumpkin crafts. There's so many ways you can make pumpkin halloweeny&festive. But to be honest ,I like carving too! I'm all about the pumpkins :) Stopping by from One more time events:)
    xx
    Mila

    http://milaslittlethings.com/
    milawayable@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jemma,
    What a cute idea…I have shared this with my granddaughter and I can't wait to see what she creates…..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gday Thanks for sharing at our #SayGdayParty and how cute!
    Please revisit and say G'day to the hosts and another person at the party if you already haven't You can pin up to 3 each week! Cheers! Joanne What's On The List?

    ReplyDelete
  8. How fun Jemma! Such and easy and no-mess idea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jemma, this is so cute! I know my grand kiddos would love to make one! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment